* Support development of a minimum data set of personal attributes that contribute to individualized care|
* Set national priorities for health care quality improvement driven by the National Quality Forum
* Identify priorities for Federally-funded CDS efforts
* Evaluate the impact of these programs on high-priority areas by representatives of Federal agencies
* Work with HITSP  to identify standard data types needed to support CDS tools of high-priority conditions determined by national priority-setting efforts
* Coordinate with CCHIT  on certification criteria for CDS to enable support of personalized medical practices
* Expand research support to promote best practices for utilizing CDS tools in EHR systems
|Researchers and Research Institutions||
* Engage professional societies and EHR vendors to understand the types of information necessary to integrate new CDS tools into health care|
* Explore methodologies to present tools to providers
* Assess patient-provider interfaces
* Evaluate the role and impact of electronic tools in shared decision-making
* Support innovative software applications that integrate multiple variables (e.g., test results, medical/medication history, patient preferences, family health history).
|Developers of Electronic Information Tools||
* Create tools to identify appropriate molecular diagnostic tests, provide additional background material or references, or produce a personalized interpretation based on existing medical data at the point-of-care|
* Build tools to support workflow integration for diagnostic test orders, integration of test results into confirmatory tests, intervention options, and patient information resources.
|Developers of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) and Quality Measures (QM)||
* Include patient-specific factors for disease management when supported by an evidence base (CPG)|
* Incorporate differences among subsets of patients (CPG)
* Translate practice guidelines into machine-readable formats to integrate into CDS tools (CPG)
* Work with electronic tool developers to create standard data formats that can be used to structure guidelines for import and use in CDS formats (CPG)
* Work with professional societies to design measures that incorporate into EHRs (QM)
* Harmonize measure specifications with EHR standards and requirements (QM)
* Ensure that EHRs are equipped to capture dataset to evaluate quality measures (QM).
|Developers of EHR Standards||
* Encourage standards development for integrating practice guidelines into CDS tools and with EHR systems|
* Prioritize genetic test and family history application standards development and certification processes
* Foster development of evaluation criteria for the usability and effectiveness of CDS tools in EHR systems.