ACTIVITY 1 To identify stakeholder’s expectations of the WorkHORSE health checks project; To identify what is working well and not so well and future hopes for the NHS Health Checks Programme (NHS HCP)|
Purpose: To elicit what is working well and not so well and future hopes for the NHS HCP
Time: 25 min for the activity; 25 min feedback from individuals and group discussion
1. Flipchart paper with headings (what is working well, not so well and future hopes) for each table of participants
2. Three different colours of post it notes for each participant
3. Back felt tip pens for each stakeholder
4. Masking tape
5. Tape recorder to record individual/group feedback/discussion
List of stakeholder’s comments regarding what is working well and not so well and future hopes for NHS HCP.
1. Facilitator with knowledge of the topic
2. Scribe/recorder to document the session
1. Participants are given several sheets of paper in each colour. The facilitator explains that they will be writing what they believe works well and not so well and future hopes relating to NHS HCP and then sharing them with the group.
2. The facilitator states which colour post it note represents working well; not working well; future hopes, and to stick responses onto the appropriate piece of flipchart paper (with headings)
3. Stakeholders have 25 min for the whole task (5 min to write down individual thoughts, 20 min to discuss with other group members)
4. Each stakeholder reads out one aspect working well, one not so well and future hope for NHS HCP. After each participant has shared once, facilitator opens the floor to all participants for any further comments about what is working well and not so well, challenges and future hopes and opportunity for discussion. (25 min)
5. Facilitator then tries to identify some of the themes and summarises. (10 min)
6. Scribe/recorder records all comments regarding what is working well and not so well and future hopes in the session notes.
7. ALL flipchart paper to be collected from each table and either stuck up at the back of the room or laid on tables at the back of the room – stakeholders are encouraged to add additional comments at any time to the flipchart papers.