BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making is recruiting new Editorial Board Members. With an increasing visibility of the journal, we wish to expand our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers with expertise in all aspects of the design, development, implementation, use, and evaluation of health information technologies and decision-making for human health.
We especially encourage applications from researchers focusing on the following areas:
- Digital health technologies (telemedicine/wearable devices/virtual reality)
- Computational simulations, modelling, machine learning
- Data analytic methods
- Medical imaging
- Mobile health
- Health systems engineering
- Virtual healthcare
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making scope and ethos
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed research articles in relation to the design, development, implementation, use, and evaluation of health information technologies and decision-making for human health.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of twenty (20) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editors to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, please click here to submit your application.